Making your own non-toxic cleaning solutions doesn’t have to be difficult or time consuming.
In fact, homemade cleaning products cost less than store brand products, and you can alter the ingredients to make your cleaning solutions exactly the way you want them.
Here are six easy cleaning products that I make and use in my home all the time that help keep my home clean and toxic-free:
- All-purpose Cleaner. Add one tablespoon dish soap to one bottle of water.
- Tub/Tile/Degreaser. Mix equal parts of vinegar and liquid dish soap.
- Glass Cleaner. Mix equal parts of vinegar and water.
- Disinfectant. Mix equal parts water and rubbing alcohol.
- Stain Remover. Two parts Hydrogen Peroxide and one part liquid dish soap.
- Homemade Wipes. Cut up paper towels in squares. Soak them in equal parts of vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, and vodka. Add an essential oil of your choice. Place soaked towels in storage container.
Always remember to use clean spray bottles for each solution made. Label and date each bottle. Homemade solutions usually last up to one to two months. Store solutions made with hydrogen peroxide in a cool, dark place.
What are your favorite homemade cleaning solutions? Share them with us!