This week on “Clean Green Talk Radio,” Leslie Reichert and I spoke about choosing the perfect vacuum cleaner for your home. We went over ten things that you should consider before purchasing a vacuum. Here are a few useful tips that we spoke about on the show:
- Before purchasing a vacuum, decide what type of vacuum cleaner you prefer to use: canister or upright.
- The weight of a vacuum is directly related to the suction of the vacuum. Choose between a lighter vacuum or a heavier vacuum with better suction.
- Canister vacuums are better for cleaning hardwood floors.
- Bagless vacuum cleaners are probably not a good idea to own if you suffer from allergies.
- An aggressive beater bar is a great way to get rid of pet hair and dander.
- If you have stairs, make sure your vacuum’s hose attachment can reach at least half way up your staircase.
- A sealed HEPA system that does not leak dust out of the vacuum is a great option for people with asthma or allergies.
- Be sure to research repair records on the vacuum you are thinking about buying.
- Don’t just buy a vacuum…invest in one!
For more information on choosing the right vacuum, read Leslie’s blog post at https://www.kmart.com/community/?s=leslie.
Tune in to “Clean Green Talk Radio” every Tuesday morning live on W4WN Radio at 9AM EST and share your thoughts and recipes with us!