Keeping my family healthy is very important to me. One of the ways I do this is by cleaning my home with non-toxic household cleaners that I actually make myself.
With just a few basic ingredients mixed together, I am able to clean my entire house without having to use harsh chemicals.
Here are the ingredients that I use the most:
- Distilled White Vinegar – absorbs odors, cuts grease and soap scum, cleans glass.
- Dish Soap – gentle, neutral pH, cleans dirt and grime.
- Baking Soda – mild abrasive, deodorizing, boosts cleaning power.
- Rubbing Alcohol 65% USP or greater – disinfects.
- Hydrogen Peroxide – natural whitener, stain remover, anti-bacterial, mold cleaner.
- Castile Soap – all-purpose cleaner.
- Lemon Juice – cuts grease, deodorizes, anti-bacterial.
- Borax – cleans, disinfects, deodorizes.
- Essential Oils – for fresh smelling scents.
- Spray Bottles
- Microfiber Cloths
- Microfiber Mop
Finding safer alternatives to clean your home is a very important step in keeping your family healthy. Using natural ingredients is a great start! Which ingredients do you use to clean?