Cleaning Tips for Maintaining Beautiful Hardwood Floors
At Maid Brigade, we agree that hardwood floors are a beautiful addition to any home, significantly improving the aesthetic of any interior. However, hardwood floors offer more than just good looks.
The Benefits of Hardwood Floors
Hardwood flooring can make your home greener. While they can be maintenance-heavy at times, think about some of the major differences vs. carpeting when it comes to cleaning wood floors:
● Less dust and dander trapped
● Fewer odors
● Less likely to stain from spills
● No need for harsh chemicals
Cleaning Hardwood Floors
The best way to clean wood floors depends on the type of sealant; most modern sealants are water-resistant.
When cleaning, it’s important to remember that liquids are an enemy. Use water and other solvents very sparingly.
● Practice “damp mopping.” After saturating the mop with your chosen cleaning solution, simply wring it out as much as possible.
● Remember, you only want a minimal amount of liquid applied to the hardwood surface.
● Once completed, be sure there is no standing water as it could damage the flooring.
● For spills, clean them as quickly as possible to prevent possible staining or something more severe.
Quick Cleaning Tips
● Traffic levels can impact how often and with what methods the hardwoods in a room are cleaned. Be sure to take care and always start with the less aggressive approach.
● For quick touch-ups, sweep regularly using a dry dust mop or the soft brush attachment on the vacuum cleaner.
● Avoid using a standard broom, since the stiff, straw-like bristles could damage the flooring’s surface.
DIY Cleaning Solutions
How do we clean wood floors? To achieve a natural clean using ingredients that don’t contain the harmful toxins in most commercially-sold cleaning solutions, we recommend mopping your hardwood floors using a mixture of vinegar and water.
● Start with a weaker mixture and increase the potency as needed. Over an extended period, vinegar may accelerate the dulling of your hardwoods.
● An alternative natural cleaning solution is warm water and dish soap (1/4 cup of dish washing liquid for a bucket of warm water).
● For spot cleaning needs, sprinkle baking soda on the affected area and scrub with a sponge. To ensure the area is thoroughly clean, rinse with warm water and dry. This is particularly effective on scuffmarks and small stains.
At Maid Brigade, we know that keeping your home clean can be a chore. Regardless of your dedication, most homes need a deep cleaning once or twice a year to eliminate the dirt and buildup accumulated from everyday life.
We use only Green Clean Certified® products in your home, including HEPA-filtered vacuum cleaners that are approved by the American Lung Association. Our equipment, along with our proven methods, are highly efficient and ensure that only a sparkling shine remains when our maids are done. We’ll care for your hardwood floors and home like they are our own.
Maid Brigade’s floor cleaning tips are here to help keep your home in great shape between cleanings. Allow us to handle the heavy lifting while you enjoy time with the family! If you’re looking for help juggling your busy life, Maid Brigade can help take some of that burden from you. Want a cleaner, greener home? Call your Maid Brigade local cleaning experts at 888.578.9171 today! For a FREE estimate, click here: Maid Brigade House Cleaning Estimate.
Find cleaning services near me today!