How To Clean Tile Floors
Maid Brigade knows that just because you’re doing a cleaning chore yourself does not mean you should sacrifice your health or the cleanliness of your home. That’s why we’ve compiled some of our favorite green cleaning tips and tricks so our DIY customers and fans can still reap the benefits of green cleaning in between visits from Maid Brigade.
Tile Cleaning Preparation
The tile in your home should shine!
- First, clear the surface of debris and dirt. Sweep the area to be cleaned and move all surface dirt into a pile and remove.
- Next, vacuum along the baseboards to remove any dust or loose dirt build up.
- Finally, move the surface cleaner of your vacuum to the lowest setting and vacuum the tile.
Healthy Tile Cleaning Methods
At Maid Brigade, we believe the best way to clean tile floors is without using any harsh chemicals. Between house cleanings, you can use these guidelines for cleaning tile floors:
- Once you have cleared the floor of surface dirt, you’re ready to begin.
- Mix equal parts water and vinegar in a bucket, making sure the water is very hot!
- Fill another bucket with water to rinse the floor.
- Next, wring out your mop as much as possible.
- Mop the floor from side to side and then up and down to get between the grout. If you’re cleaning a large surface area you may need to make a fresh batch of vinegar and water halfway through the cleaning.
- Finally, rinse the floor with clean water and make sure to wring out the mop as much as possible.
- Allow the tile and grout ample time to dry before walking on your newly cleaned surface.
Keeping a clean home can feel like a full-time job sometimes. How to clean tile is just one of the questions you may have when it comes to the best practices for cleaning your home. Maid Brigade has guides on how to keep all your floors clean between professional home cleanings. If you need some assistance with keeping your home looking great, Maid Brigade is here for you. Call us today at 8885789171!
Contact your local Maid Brigade today to get started!