How to Clean Copper
Every Maid Brigade customer knows that the best way to clean copper is the green way, relying only on natural products! Using natural and homemade cleaning solutions to clean your copper pieces will save you money and also ensure the healthiness of your home environment. Do-it-yourself remedies can seem daunting at first but you just have to know how to clean copper and what you’re doing. That’s where we come in. We’ve shared a few of our copper-cleaning recipes so even when you can’t call Maid Brigade you can still green your clean! To clean copper you will need a combination of several household ingredients.
Copper Cleaning Methods and Solutions
Lemon Juice and Baking Soda
- Combine a few tablespoons of lemon juice with 1 tablespoon of baking soda and rub the mixture in until the grime begins to come off.
- Then polish off with a clean cloth.
Vinegar and Salt
- Pour vinegar and salt over the copper.
- Rub in and keep rubbing until the tarnish removes.
- Rinse off and polish with a clean, dry cloth.
Lemon and Salt
- Squeeze the lemon juice from one lemon and add salt to form a paste.
- Rub the paste over your copper with a soft cloth.
- Rinse off with warm water and polish.
For a natural polish for your copper products you can use a dab of vegetable oil.
Our cleaning tips are here to help you keep your home in great shape in-between thorough cleanings. When your copper fixtures could use a shine, it’s time to call your local Maid Brigade office. To keep your house sparkling and your personal schedule just a little bit more manageable, let Maid Brigade handle the rest! For a FREE estimate, click here, or call 888-578-9171.