Here are the top ten natural ingredients that I clean my home with:
1. Baking Soda works wonders around my home. It can be used to remove odors or it can be used as a mild scouring powder.
2. Lemon Juice is used as a natural smelling bleach. It works great on removing stains and grease.
3. White Distilled Vinegar is wonderful for killing bacteria and germs because it is a natural anti-fungal.
4. Borax is a mineral compound that works as an anti-fungal and disinfectant by eliminating odors and removing dirt. It can be toxic if swallowed, so use with caution around children and pets.
5. Olive Oil can be used to make a great furniture polish.
6. Club Soda can be used to polish fixtures, like faucets. Club soda also works as a stain remover.
7. Liquid Castile Soap (vegetable based) works wonders as a disinfectant, grease-cutter, and all-purpose cleaner.
8. Corn Meal is used to pick up carpet spills.
9. 3% Hydrogen Peroxide can be used as a bleach alternative, a disinfectant, and a stain remover.
10. Essential Oils (pure), like lavender, peppermint, tea tree, lemongrass, and eucalyptus, smell wonderful when added to your homemade cleaners. Many of these oils even have anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and insect-repelling properties. Remember to use caution when handling pure essential oils, especially if you are pregnant.
What are some of your favorite natural ingredients that you clean your home with?