Earth Day is a day to think about our planet and what we can do to keep it special. Develop good habits with your family now and remind them that they can make a difference.
This Earth Day, teach your children to think about ways to save water and energy, reduce pollution and how to recycle. Think about different ways to protect our animals, trees and plants. Get them interested in protecting their environment.
Here are some ideas you can use to celebrate Earth Day with your kids:
1. Go outside and enjoy nature. Go for an enjoyable bike ride or a relaxing long walk and leave the car at home.
2. Hold a nature “scavenger hunt” in the backyard. Send kids out into the garden or park in teams to collect or spot various items on a list you provide.
3. Sit on the porch, have a picnic dinner in the backyard, just get out there and relax!
4. Plant something. Plant a tree, sow vegetable seeds in your garden, transplant seedlings, fill your porch pots with flowers.
5. Talk about saving water when brushing teeth and saving energy by turning off lights when you leave a room.
6. Bake cupcakes and let the kids decorate with icing to look like the Earth.
7. Look through clothes and books and give them away to your local charities or library.
8. Make your own Earth Day posters and hang them up.
9. Read books about Earth Day. Check your local library.
10. Teach them about green cleaning, and that a few safe, simple ingredients like plain soap, baking soda, water, vinegar, washing soda, borax, and lemon juice can clean your house without hurting the planet.
Get kids involved. Teach them about how healthy green living and cleaning inside and out of the home is good for the environment.
Maid Brigade would like to know how you will be celebrating Earth Day. Try some of our ideas and let us know what you think! Tell us about your own green living and green cleaning ideas. Share your homemade cleaning recipes with us!
For more information about green cleaning and green products, go to www.greencleancertified.com.