May is the Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month. This month is the peak of the asthma and allergy season. About 1 in 13 people is living with asthma in the United States. But there are some factors in your home that can affect your asthma and/or allergies – regular house cleaning is one of them.*
Common Asthma and Allergy Triggers in the Home
A variety of factors in the home environment can trigger asthma and allergies. Here are some of the most common causes of asthma and allergies in the home:
- Dust and dust mites are the most common trigger of asthma and allergy symptoms.
- Mold growth in damp areas, such as bathrooms, kitchens, and basements.
- Pets, especially cats and dogs, shed dead skin cells (dander) and fur.
- Pollen from trees, plants, and weeds often finds their way into our homes.
- Some household cleaners, such as bleach and ammonia, release fumes.
- Cockroaches, mice, and other pests can also cause allergic reactions.
- Poor indoor air quality due to pollutants such as radon and carbon monoxide.
- Perfumes and fragrances in household products, such as air fresheners and laundry detergents.
It’s important to identify and address these common causes of asthma and allergies in the home. Regular cleaning, proper ventilation, use of air purifiers, and allergy-proof covers and curtains can all be helpful.
Regular Home Cleaning Leaves Your Home Healthier for Longer
As you can see, almost all the common factors or causes of allergy or asthma symptoms found in the home can be effectively handled by regular, consistent house cleaning. For example, a biweekly cleaning schedule will prevent harmful buildup of dirt and dust that may contribute to asthma and allergies.
- Regular cleanup prevents dust, dust mites, and grime buildup in critical areas like ceiling fans, light fixtures, air conditioning vents, air ducts, blinds, draperies, window frames, and seals.
- Your mattresses, pillows, bedding, bedroom carpets, and upholstery are the important areas to keep clean when you have asthma or allergies. Regular washing of these items will help keep them fresh and clean.
- Keeping your food storage and preparation areas clean removes the possibility of pests.
- Regular cleaning also eliminates the possibility of mold build-up in the bathroom, kitchen, and basement.
- When it comes to dealing with pet fur and dander, there’s simply no alternative to regular home cleaning sessions once a week or even more. Properly filtered vacuums like Maid Brigade’s HEPA filtration vacuums will lift pet dander, dirt, dust, and debris while also helping improve your home’s air quality.
- Along with good ventilation, regular house cleaning also helps in keeping the overall air quality of your home pure by removing the amount of pollutants from your house.
Maid Brigade Offers the Best Cleaning for Asthma and Allergy
As part of our cleaning service, we use green cleaning equipment and processes to ensure you get only the best for you and your home environment.
- Our cleaning methods limit dust displacement to an absolute minimum.
- Color-coded, allergy-free, and antibacterial cloths eliminate the possibility of cross-contamination between rooms.
- All the vacuum equipment uses HEPA filtration vacuums for 4x improved air quality.
- Electrolyzed water solution kills mold, mildew, bacteria, and viruses, reaching areas regular cleaning and traditional pump sprayers can’t.
- No toxic, or harmful chemicals are used during any phase of the cleaning. You will have no residues or overpowering fragrant smells.
- We ensure that the cleaning products we use have no artificial dyes or scents.
It’s important to recognize the impact of Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month in spreading awareness and helping individuals struggling with these conditions. At Maid Brigade, we are committed to doing our part. For over 35 years, we have been assisting our customers in finding comfort and feeling healthy in their home as well as sharing the impact of how a house cleaning service can benefit your overall well-being.
*You should always consult your doctor regarding your health and any medical concerns.