The concept of spring cleaning is well-known. Yet, winter cleaning is rarely discussed in the same manner. As temperatures fall and the weather draws in, our homes are presented with unique challenges and that’s not just because we spend more time in them. Here at Maid Brigade, we’ve come up with some key considerations for managing your home in the colder, wetter winter months and making it a warm and inviting space you can’t wait to settle into.
Have a Plan for Managing Winter Clutter
Unlike in spring when you can slip on any old pair of shoes and perhaps a thin jacket, winter brings with it a whole host of excess clutter. Boots, hats, scarves, thick coats, and umbrellas all make their way into our homes after being at the back of the closet for months. Add in holiday decorations and it seems like our clutter-free summertime homes are long gone. Thankfully, Maid Brigade is here to help make your home cleaner this winter!
At the start of the winter season, we recommend having a plan for managing the influx of this seasonal attire. Here are some ideas:
- Designate specific storage areas for winter items like hats, scarves, gloves, and umbrellas. Use hooks and baskets to create an organized space for your family. This helps to prevent items from being scattered throughout your home.
- Invest in storage. If you don’t have enough storage for the amount of winter gear you’ve got, it’s time to invest. Otherwise, you’ll be fighting a losing battle each day. Choose functional furniture like benches with storage.
- Organize your shoe storage. Winter shoes are more bulky and dirtier. Make sure your shoe storage is organized to arrange footwear neatly and cleanly.
Create a Warm and Inviting Atmosphere at Home
When the temperatures drop, we naturally want our homes to feel cozier and inviting. Incorporating plush textiles like cushions and throws can add warmth to your living spaces. Pair this with scented candles and seasonal décor and your home will ooze warmth.
Tackle the Additional Dirt Winter Brings into the Home
Unfortunately, winter often calls for additional cleaning as the colder, wetter weather brings mud, snow, and salt indoors. Maid Brigade recommends having a routine that allows you to deal with the issue regularly so that dirt and dust don’t build up. Maid Brigade specializes in innovative and high-tech methods, our PUREcleaning system is a non-toxic cleaning process that allows us to create homes that are not only cleaner but also healthier. Ultimately, we aim to improve the quality of your home and your life.
For the day-to-day, the following will help manage dirt and grime between your Maid Brigade cleaning services:
- Doormats at every entry point.
- Regularly vacuuming and sweeping hallways and high-traffic areas.
- Using a mop on hard floors regularly.
- Using one specific entrance for coming in with muddy boots.
- Outside storage for winter boots.
Keep your home clean and cozy this winter
As we adapt our lives for winter, we also need to adapt our homes and cleaning routines. Routine cleanings with Maid Brigade help keep the dirt and grime at bay while also saving you time during this busy season. You can come home to a sparkling clean after every visit so you’re ready to tackle the additional challenges the colder months bring. Add in comforting soft furnishings and warm lighting and we may never want the winter to end.