Expert Cleaning Tips from Maid Brigade!
Have you ever wondered how professional cleaning companies turn even the dirtiest homes into beautiful masterpieces that sparkle? Some of the distinct advantages are teams of trained cleaning experts, state-of-the-art equipment, and commercial grade green cleaning solutions. With Maid Brigade, there’s also the 30+ years of experience cleaning homes in neighborhoods just like yours!
From stained carpets and countertops to dirty grout and grimy bathtubs, we’ve found ways to clean it all. Maid Brigade firmly believes in healthier cleaning and is the only residential and commercial service to achieve Green Clean Certified® status and certification from Green Seal. We’ve worked hard to earn our stripes over the years. Performing 550,000 cleanings annually across a network of locations across the U.S., Canada, and internationally keep us at the forefront of cleaning needs in your home. Now, let us share some of them with you.
Your House Cleaning Guide by Room
Whether you are looking to clean your entire house or a particular room, we have guides to help you out.
- Kitchen: From countertops to cabinets to floors, here are our best kitchen tips
- Floors: Whether you’ve got hardwoods, laminate, carpeted or linoleum floors, here are some tested methods for getting your floors to sparkle.
- Bedroom: Keeping a tidy bedroom can be a challenge, so these tips will help you tame the beast that is the bedroom, including how to fight allergens.
- Bathroom: From beating grime and mold to getting the grout clean and the porcelain shining, bathrooms present a unique challenge. Here are some of our best bathroom cleaning tips.
- Living Room Solutions: Eliminate dust and clutter with Maid Brigade’s living room solutions.
- Spring Cleaning: When it’s time to clear your space with
a deep clean, Maid Brigade's spring cleaning guide comes to the rescue.
For The Do-It-Yourself Homeowner
The best way to ensure your home stays a clean and healthy environment is to hire Maid Brigade, but we understand that a professional cleaning service isn’t for everyone. Whether it’s an unexpected visit from friends or relatives, untimely spills on the carpet, or simply in case “life happens”, we’re here to help, even if we aren’t the ones doing the cleaning. Because you need to know right now, we’ve compiled a list with some of our most popular house cleaning tips.
Because we are a Green Clean Certified® company, these household cleaning tips have your health, that of your family, your pets and our maids in mind. Our goal is to help rid your home of the dangerous toxins used in many everyday household products. Some of those include, but are not limited to:
- Furniture Polish
- Air Freshener
- Dishwashing Detergent
- Oven Cleaner
- Floor Cleaner
- Glass Cleaners
- Bug Repellents
- Fabric Softener
Why air odorizers? We don’t believe in perfumes, scented sprays, or anything similar polluting your fresh air. Our commitment is a clean, environmentally friendly, and healthier home all the way around!
to Keep Your Home Clean and Green
Practical green cleaning tips can help every homeowner keep their home organized, clean, and safe from toxins to ensure a clean and safe living environment. From using microfiber to making your cleaning products, these tips can contribute to making your home and the environment safer.
- Buy quality microfiber cloths to clean better with fewer (possibly no) chemicals.
- Use microfiber mops, not brooms, to remove daily traffic, dirt, and pet hair. This will keep you from stirring-up more allergens.
- Use the mildest cleaning solution possible based on the job at hand.
- Watch for Signal Words on product labels. Avoid anything stronger than "Caution!".
- Wear rubber gloves to prevent absorption of chemical solutions and vapors through the skin.
- Purchase green cleaning solutions in concentrated form and dilute them yourself. Use spray bottles that can be cleaned and reused to save money & waste.
- Buy products that come in recyclable containers.
- Choose solutions designed to work with cold water.
- Get high quality entry mats to reduce the introduction of new dirt particles and chemical residues from the outdoors.
- Avoid products (solutions, containers, equipment, mats, etc.) containing known or suspected carcinogens, neurotoxins, reproductive toxins, developmental toxins, or endocrine disruptors.
- Purchase a high-filtration vacuum with a closed canister system to trap and remove over 99% of the particles measured at 1 micron or larger (including dust, dirt, pollen, dust mites, pet dander, hair, and mold – a.k.a. really tiny stuff).
- Switch to a chemical-free dry steam vapor system to clean, deodorize, disinfect, and kill mold, and mildew using water alone.
- Make your own natural cleaning products using baking soda, lemons, vinegar, borax, and vegetable-based oil soaps. This give you complete knowledge of and control over any cleaning chemicals in your home.
The Residential Cleaning Experts
Cleaning today is more complicated than it was even a few years ago. There are many different surfaces, and each requires special care. Keeping your home clean can be an all-consuming project in an ever busy life. That’s where Maid Brigade cleaning services comes in. Professional cleaning services like Maid Brigade have the specialized knowledge, training, and equipment needed to give your home the healthier, sparkling clean it deserves. If you’re interested in learning more about how we can help maintain your home, fill out our FREE, No Obligation Estimate Form, and we’ll get started on designing a healthier green cleaning solution for you!