How to Clean a Shower
Showers are havens for bathroom baddies. Getting your shower to shine can be a tough task when you’re battling with soap scum, hard water stains, mildew or hard-to-clean grout. However, there is good news! Once clean, it’s easy to keep your shower looking great between cleanings. It just takes a little bit of planning and self-discipline to keep ahead of grime. That’s why we’re happy to share some of our favorite shower cleaning secrets from the home cleaning professionals at Maid Brigade.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to clean a shower:
- Remove your shower liners, mats and any personal products, so the entire area is clear.
- Spray the entire shower area with a diluted vinegar solution and let it stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Use a soft bristle brush or toothbrush to scrub any areas affected with soap scum or other stains. If you have stubborn stains, you can treat the affected areas with a paste of baking soda and water. Apply the paste, let it sit for 15 minutes, then spray the area with the vinegar solution. Scrub the area.
Rinse away with clean water using a shower spray head or use a sponge, rinsing frequently.
Healthy Shower Cleaning Solutions
- Vinegar – Vinegar is a great green cleaning agent to use in showers. It’s great as an all-purpose cleaner, brightener, and herbicide. It’s great for shower cleaning when mold or lime is present.
- Hydrogen Peroxide – Use hydrogen peroxide to kill mildew and mold, and use alongside baking soda when making grout cleaning pastes. Hydrogen peroxide is an antifungal, an antiviral, an antibacterial and is an environmentally safe alternative to chlorine bleach.
- Baking Soda – Because of its alkaline pH, baking soda is a great moisture-absorbing mold killer and mild abrasive cleaner. Use baking soda in place of chemical abrasives and other harsh solutions.
- Tea Tree Oil – You can use a dilution of tea tree oil as an antibacterial and antifungal agent to help keep your shower free of mold and other troublesome germs.
At Maid Brigade, we understand how easy it can be to overlook thoroughly cleaning your shower. When it comes to shower cleaning, we’ve got you covered. With Maid Brigade in your corner, you can be assured that, after we’ve provided your home with the expert cleaning it deserves, your shower will look like a million bucks!
Our cleaning tips are meant to keep your shower looking great between cleanings. Another handy tip is to spray your shower with a vinegar solution daily after use. This will help keep mildew, mold and soap scum at bay until you see the home cleaning professionals at Maid Brigade the next time.
If you’re ready to take the next step, contact your local Maid Brigade location or give us a call at 888-578-9171.